The University of Nottingham’s School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies is offering local companies the opportunity to benefit from the expertise of their students via their Work Placements Programme.
Our students take a variety of language degrees in conjunction with modules or honours in culture, history, literature, business, economics as well as film and media, meaning they have a wide range of skills and expertise.
We are looking for any placements that would be relevant to the following areas:
- Modern Languages including French, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese
- Culture, film and media (media-related work such as advertising, journalism, radio and television)
- Public services
- Government or non-governmental organisations
We are looking for work placements for second year and final year undergraduate students. The placements would be on a voluntary basis and would ideally take place between February and May 2016. Alternatively, arrangements can be made for placements to take place in the summer term or during the holidays. Students would be required to complete a total of 40-50 hours working for your company; days, times and the period of time over which this is carried out can be arranged between you and the students to ensure the arrangements suit both parties.
These placements are an essential part of our Work Placements module, which allows students the opportunity to gain credit for extracurricular activities and for improving and personalising their career development. Through work placements, students can enhance their employability by demonstrating and developing the valuable skills that are highly regarded by prospective employers in a fast moving competitive job market. In turn, your company could benefit from their time, knowledge and experience in areas where you might not normally have any resource or expertise.
If you are able to offer placements in any of the above areas, please contact Beth Yearsley on 01158 232521 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please submit your enquiry as soon as possible to ensure that a role profile for your placement can be created and approved by 23rd November 2015.
- Students will be able to apply for your placement from Monday 23rd November 2015 onwards.
- Short listing takes place on the weeks commencing 11th and 18th January 2016.
- Interviews take place over the weeks commencing 25th Jan and the 1st Feb 2016.
- Students start placements as soon as possible after they have been selected by providers.