Throughout the year, The University of Nottingham can provide financial support for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) who can offer paid opportunities to students and recent graduates. You can receive a grant towards the cost of employing an intern. By taking on a Nottingham student or graduate for an internship, you will be gaining a talented team member who can add value to your business
For companies who wish to apply to receive funding (£1,000 per 8 week placement) to offer a paid Summer 2016 Internship to a student from The University of Nottingham, the following criteria must be met:
Must be registered in the UK and must be:
• A small or medium enterprise (SME) as defined by the Enterprise and Industry Department of the European Commission:
The category of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is made up of enterprises which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euro, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euro.
The company must have:
• Employer and public liability insurance
• A company Health and Safety Policy
• A registered office or work area, separate from any residential address, from which the intern is able to work
The Internship must:
• Be offered to a student from The University of Nottingham
• Last for an 8 week period (or longer) during the 2016 student summer vacation – 20th June 2016 to 26th September 2016, minimum 30 hours p/week.
• Pay at least national minimum wage at upper bracket for age 21 of £6.70 p/hour
• Include tasks and responsibilities normally associated with a graduate level position and aid the career development of a student
• Companies to submit completed application form – 11th March 2016
• Internship advertised by Careers and Employability Service – 18th March 2016
• Closing date for applications – 2nd May 2016
• Shortlisting/Interviews (supported by Careers and Employability Service as required) – May 2016 (flexible to accommodate exam period)
• Appointment made and start date confirmed – Early June 2016
• Grant payment (£1,000) made to SME – By end July 2016
To find out more or for an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please contact the internships team on 0115 748 4522.