Nottingham City Council is coordinating an international mission to attend the 2016 India-UK Tech Summit from 7-9 November. This 3 day event offers to support new collaborations, encourage business growth and explore technological developments through provision of a trade expo, thought leadership presentations and B2B networking opportunities.
The summit will be made up of 5 inter-related summits comprising:
- Entrepreneurship & innovation,
- Higher education,
- Intellectual property.
The schedule for the summit can be found here: http://www.ciitechknow.com/schedule.html including the opening times for the exhibition hall.
This delegation will be relevant to Nottingham businesses who are interested in:
- Exploring a vast market, rich in opportunity
- Discovering significant opportunities in India, e.g. in Advanced Engineering & Manufacturing, Robotics, Fast-growing Tech, Healthcare/Life Sciences/Agri-tech sectors and Design
- Showcasing your technology products and expertise in front of ready-to-buy Indian businesses and Government partners through hosting a trade stand at the Expo
- Learning from other UK companies and organisations already successful in India
- Potential to join a nationwide business delegation post-summit organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Specific Nottingham Delegate Opportunities
Businesses attending this summit will be able to access:
- Meeting support connecting you to relevant businesses
- Nottingham hosted drinks reception offering networking opportunities with key Indian businesses.
- Potential to add to the platform presentation programme being coordinated by Nottingham City Council which will enable relevant companies to showcase their businesses/products
Specific Nottingham Support
As a Nottingham delegate you will be able to receive:
- Support with visa letters
- Support with connecting to relevant businesses at the summit and coordinating key meetings
- Cultural and business support throughout the mission from experienced representatives
- Pre-mission briefing to help give travel and cultural support
- Nottingham delegate social activities during the event
The cost of the full 3 day package is $350 (£263) for large or medium enterprises or $250 (£188) for SME’s. Alternatively they are offering a price of $150 (£113) per day. Registration for all options is through their website:
Accommodation is available at hotels for around £150 per night.
Flights to New Delhi are available from Birmingham or London Heathrow airport for around £500 return.
(Participants will be responsible for coordinating their own travel, visas and accommodation. Advice and support can be given via Nottingham City Council’s International Team if required).