Add value, expertise and efficiency to your business
Are you looking to enter a new market? Benchmark the competition? Find new ways to become more efficient? Hosting an MBA project can help you overcome these challenges.
An individual or group of MBA students joins your company for up to three months between June and September, to work on specific business or management needs you have identified. They will follow a set brief and be supervised by a member of staff at the Business School. At the end of the project you will receive a consultancy style report and presentation specific to your business.
What will my business get out of it?
• Receive specialist advice without high consultancy costs
• Focus on a specific business issue with an MBA student at the forefront of business knowledge
• Gain insights and expertise from staff at an internationally recognised business school
• Benefit from a fresh perspective and practical solutions
You can specify if you would like your MBA student to have a particular expertise or experience. Our MBA students:
• Have an average of 5-6 years management experience
• Originate from 30 countries, bringing a wealth of backgrounds and experiences
• Are studying an MBA course that emphasises teamworking, entrepreneurial skills development, ethical business practices, and leadership qualities
Types of project
Company based projects can focus on any business area to suit you. Past projects have covered a wide range of industries and business functions to include:
• Using big data strategies
• Initial market entry analysis
• Industry analysis
• Benchmarking and ethical competitor analysis
• Financial analysis
• Supply chain management
• Strategic projects
• Information systems strategy
We can discuss your plans with you and establish how our expertise can match your organisational challenges.
How much does it cost?
As our MBA students complete the management project as part of their qualification there is no set fee. However, the company pays the MBA students’ expenses according to the company’s own expense system.
What’s the process?
1. You identify a possible project. Project enquiries must be submitted to Dr Duncan Shaw (contact details below) by the end of January 2017.
2. Discussions take place between you and Dr Shaw to define and refine the project specification in January/February.
3. Project definition and outputs are agreed together with confidentiality rules in March.
4. Interviews are undertaken.
5. Candidates are shortlisted for projects.
6. The student starts work with your company and is supported by the School between June and September.
7. The student prepares a presentation and/or detailed written report for your company.
Would you like to know more?
Please contact Dr Duncan Shaw, Director of MBA Management Projects, Assistant Professor in Information Systems
t: +44 (0) 115 8467756