Funding for Notts businesses
The N2 Business Growth Fund provides grants to support businesses in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire that are planning to grow through innovation. Focusing mainly (but not exclusively) on small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), the fund contributes to investment in capital projects, research & development and new technologies, leading to business growth and the creation of new jobs.
Applications are welcome from a wide range of businesses and we are particularly keen to hear from those working in the life sciences, clean technologies, digital and manufacturing sectors.
The N2 Business Growth Fund is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and supported by organisations including the D2N2 Growth Hub, Nottingham City Council, Nottinghamshire County Council and the Chamber of Commerce. The programme is delivered by EMB Ltd and The University of Nottingham.
The fund is for businesses that are:
- Located in Nottinghamshire
- Planning capital projects from £100k to over £1m
- Exploiting new technologies
- Creating and safeguarding jobs
- Interested in a matched grant of 20% of project costs
The key points to note are:
- This is a grant programme, it is not a working capital or loan fund
- The fund is exclusive to companies located in Nottingham or Nottinghamshire
- Grants are awarded for new projects, work should not have already started
- A grant will cover a maximum of 20% of the total project cost, the remaining funding must be in place prior to the grant being awarded
- Grants can support capital projects, research and development and the introduction of new technologies; assets must remain in Nottinghamshire
- The project should create new jobs and/or safeguard existing jobs that are at risk. The grant needs to demonstrate value for money
- This is a financial support of last resort, when all other funding routes have been exhausted
- Grants are subject to EU State Aid rules which determine the eligibility of the business and the amount of intervention that may be considered.
How to apply
If you think your business and planned project may be eligible to apply for a grant we would like to hear from you.
Please fill in our online application form
The application process:
- Applicant completes the online application with an outline of business and project
- We respond within 5 working days
- Applicant, if successful, invited to complete form with full details
- Application presented to the independent investment panel, meets monthly
- If approved the application proceeds to impartial due diligence checks
- If successful, final offer letter is awarded and project may start.